Good day Astreon clients and partners! We at Astreon hope you are all keeping healthy, happy and safe and that business is going well for you this year. On that note, can you believe 2021 is half over? Thankfully, we’ve had some great warm weather this year to enjoy the outdoors.
This month brings some nice user interface and reports design tweaks and the launch of a new video management portal within Astreon. Users of our add-on applications will benefit from feature enhancements there.
As always, we never stop improving Astreon and partner applications. Read on for full details.
Astreon New Features and Enhancements
New Video Monitoring & Reporting
This new video management section with Astreon and partner applications was added to provide better support to resellers who use Howen and other non-StreaMax camera systems.
The release of the new video module has dramatically changed the work with MDVR devices and video files. Now it is easier for partners to connect end-users to the video monitoring service since they no longer need to deploy servers between devices and Astreon and integrate each model into the system. End-users have received new useful features: the ability to request a video for 24 hours, save video files and receive reports with an attached video.
New solution architecture
First, now it’s our responsibility to configure servers for video monitoring. The new video module no longer requires intermediate servers – the whole process of converting a video stream from an MDVR now takes place on the AWS servers that our team is responsible for.
Secondly, the specialists of the hardware department integrate video devices into the new video module themselves. Now it is much easier for the partner to connect video monitoring – all that they need to do is to install and activate the equipment.
Separate Video tab
All the video monitoring features are now collected in a separate Video tab.
It contains a video player and tools for working with video streaming and video files for units (a user can save, delete, filter them, and so on) on which an MDVR is installed. A user does not need to open different tabs and windows for each unit, everything is in one place now.
Live video and video playback
Our new video monitoring allows you to connect to online video from a unit with an installed MDVR right from the Video tab.
Regarding video playback (in Astreon it can be a video for 24 hours): a user connects to a recorded video in the same Video tab by choosing a unit, MDVR, and time interval.
Saving video files
A user can save video files:
- manually while watching a recorded video. To do this, it is enough to choose a file up to 60 seconds long, click the Save to files icon and choose a relevant tag making it easier to find the file in the future;
- automatically while setting up notifications. A new Save video as a file function has appeared in the notification parameters. A user specifies the total duration of the file and the duration of a time interval before and after the event. As soon as the event is triggered, Astreon automatically saves the video fragment on the server.
Video files in reports
In the new video module, video files are linked to the events that triggered their saving. When a user sees that an event has occurred with the unit (fuel theft, speeding, and so on) in reports, they will be able to immediately view the attached video file.
Want to offer video monitoring to your customers? Find out how to get started with the new video module in our blog.
Choosing a unit group in the Geofence table
When creating a report on geofences and a group of geofences, we added the ability to select not only a single unit but a unit group.
Now when a user creates a new unit, the user no longer needs to manually edit the report template. All that the user needs to do is to add a unit to the unit group, and our system will automatically generate a report on the whole group.
Specifying a crop quickly
This month, we added the following features;
- Edit the sowing date: Previously, the default date was January 1 of the current year, but now a user can select any date themselves.
- Indicate the harvesting date: A user can now do this on the Field page, without using the properties for the selected field.
For example, if a user planted several fields with one crop, they will be able to enter this information , and indicate the sowing date with the estimated harvesting date in a single action so that a user can complete this task much faster than before.
To do this, a user needs to set up the following;
- On the Fields page: click on the leaf icon in the row in the list or in the field menu on the map
- After selecting the crop, indicate the sowing (required) and harvesting (optional) dates and save the option
If a user works with several fields, a user needs to select the fields and then click on the leaf icon to indicate the crop, the sowing and harvesting dates.
Updating the top menu
We added the following subitems under the Catalogues navigation tab: Crops, Operations, Implements, and Consumables.
The top bar now has fewer tabs so it’s easier to find the other tabs.
Making the dashboard customizable
On the dashboard page, you can see some blocks: Services, Intervals, Cost, Units, and so on. This dashboard gives you quick visual insight into your fleets. Now you can customize your dashboard and add/delete blocks. To delete, a user just needs to click the three vertical dots on the right of the calendar and remove the unused blocks from the opening window.
Some of the blocks, for example, Services and Units, can be resized manually by pulling the lower right corner of the section. Blocks can also be moved in any order to assemble a page that is optimal for a user.
A user can also disable the indicators they don’t need in those blocks:
- Cost: by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner, you can deactivate the Services and fuel checkbox selected by default and leave only Services or only Fuel;
- Total cost of services: by clicking on the icon Units, Drivers, or Trailers, a user turns off the indicators for these items. The total cost is then recalculated in the Total column, and the graph displays the data minus the deactivated items.
Total cost of services
We changed the “Total cost of services” graph on the dashboard and unit page to keep fleet expenses data for a certain time period visible by adding the following features;
- a Total field with the total amount of the fleet services expenses for the selected period;
- a field with the total amount of expenses per 1km for the selected period;
- a field with the total amount of expenses per engine hour for the selected period.
The period is set in the calendar on the Dashboard and on the unit page.
Fleet metrics/Unit metrics
For easier estimation and calculation, we have added the fleet metrics graph on the dashboard and to the similar Unit metrics graph on the unit page. Now a user can check the vehicle mileage in kilometers or engine hours for the selected period, and the information will be displayed in the Total field.
A new Total cost of fuel graph
In order to see the fuel costs for the entire fleet and an individual unit, a new “Total cost of fuel” graph has been added on the dashboard and on the unit page. It helps users compare the expenses in the different time periods.
Moving orders on the map
This month we’ve added a huge feature which will save dispatchers a lot of time. You can now move orders on the map from one route to another, simply by clicking and changing the route.
The Move button was added to the order cards in the upper right corner. A user just needs to click on the button and select the route on the map to which the order will be transferred. The new order automatically changes the route, while the app assigns a position number to it.
The improved “Take into account the location of units” option
If the “Take into account the location of units” option is enabled when creating a route, the route from the unit to the first point is displayed on the map. In addition, the estimated arrival time and the distance from the unit to the first point are calculated and displayed in the table.
The Route cost column
The column of Route cost has been added to reports on routes and to reports on routes and orders. This can be insightful data to simplify expenses planning. The column shows the route cost values that are calculated during the optimization if the corresponding parameters are indicated in the settings in the Route cost calculation section.
New notification window design
With the improved design of the notifications window, it is now easier to see relevant information in the window. The following items have been improved;
- The window size has become larger;
- Updated the style of the pop-up notifications about errors and completed actions;
- Improved display of unread messages;
- All notifications can be marked as read;
- The Show button is added for simpler navigation.
Contact us today!
Contact us today for more information, pricing, and specific case studies.
Tel: +1 (800) 647-4730