Canada is now in a tough situation again as the number of COVID-19 cases is increasing. Each province has been urged to take quick action to contain spread. Especially Ontario continues to see increasing number of COVID-19 cases. In response to the spike, as of Sept. 26, 2020, new requirement has been taken effect, which is mandatory pre-entry COVID screening to all of workers and essential visitors, like contract, delivery and maintenance workers.
The new requirement is an amendment to Ontario Regulation 364/20, the “Rules for Areas in Stage 3”, which is a regulation under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020.
Who is eligible?
According to the workplace screening tool guidance issued by Ministry of Health, this new mandatory screening applies to the following people;
- Any workers: staff (e.g., workers) and is intended to include students, contractors or volunteers that conduct business or related activities where applicable and appropriate.
- Essential visitors entering the work environment: individuals providing a service in the establishment who are not employees or patrons of the establishment (e.g., delivery, maintenance, contract workers).
- Patrons entering a workplace (e.g., customers entering a grocery store, restaurant, bar or other food or drink establishment).
- Emergency services or other first responders entering a workplace for emergency purposes.
When do you have to do the screening questions?
Screening should occur before or when a worker enters the workplace at the beginning of their day or shift, or when an essential visitor arrives.
But the question is “Do you think it is enough procedure to prevent COVID-19 from your workplace?”
Advanced technology helps you secure COVID-19 free work environment
Many business owners are anxious about reopening or keeping valuable customers and employees safe. Especially owners in service industries have been receiving huge impacts since the new measures of shutdown of the indoor activities, such as dining, and gyms have been implemented from Oct 10th. In order to prepare yourself for any changes, business owners need to have solid prevention strategy that they can enforce social distancing and identify people who have high temperature. Taking screening questions might not be enough since respondents might not know their temperature. People don’t check their temperature unless they have significant symptoms and some people don’t have symptoms like others have and it might take time for them to realize that they were infected. In this case, it is extremely difficult to prevent spread of COVID-19 at your workplace.
How can we identify whether they have fever or not?
What you need is temperature monitoring tools, like thermal detectors to have a secured prevention solution. There are many tools but the more features it has, the less possibility you expose your customers and employees to the risks.
The minimum features your temperature tool must have would be;
- Human Body Temperature Detection / with ability to detect wearing the mask
- Human Detection / Higher accuracy
Those are must-have features to detect someone who has a fever and they can prevent you from spreading COVID-19. However, depending on which industry you are in, your needs would be different, and you must have the adaptable temperature monitoring tool. For those of you, here is high level of A.I. thermal detector which is equipped with many features for variety of industrial use we offer.
If you are in service industries or think of installation at your workplace entrance, our A.I. thermal detector has the following advanced features;
- Face ID Access Control / Variety of door access control
- Support face recognition or door access control
- Time Attendance System
- Building the attendance and access-control plan for registered staff.
- Wear mask recognition
- Support face recognition with face mask, recognition rate >95%
- Wide detection Range3 m ~ 1.2 m forehead body temperature detection
- 5 m~ 2 m face recognition
- Customizable multi-language
- English, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean
- And more+
Applicable industries & locations
- Store entrance
- Shopping mall entrance
Astreon A.I. Thermal Detector
Astreon A.I. Thermal Detector is equipped with many features. If you consider an installation of temperature check kiosks, please contact us for any questions!
You can also learn the details about A.I. Thermal Detector on our website.
Get a quote today!
Tel: +1 (800) 647-4730