Good day Astreon clients and partners! Thank you very much for your continued support and loyalty to Astreon. We value your business and it’s our pleasure to provide you with much-needed services to help manage your mobile assets.
2021 is off to a fast-paced start. Can you believe June is already around the corner? Let’s hope for some great weather for outdoor activities this summer!
Please note that due to the global chipset shortage, we experience occasional lengthy delays in device orders. We also expect some heft price increases for the same supply shortage reasons, so please check in with your sales rep prior to placing an order to get updated pricing, stock availability, and possibly a suggestion on using a different device to fill the order more quickly.
As always, we never stop improving Astreon and partner applications. Read on for full details.
Astreon New Features and Enhancements
Reports enhancements include new templates for additional data in your reports and expanded information on Drivers.
Driver information is now available as a column in reports which provides the driver’s name in the following fields: Binding Bindings, Custom fields, Driver activity, Infringements.
We’ve added the Trailer column to the Bindings and Custom fields tables for the Group of trailers report template, which displays information about the trailer.
We have added the Passenger column to the Bindings table for the Group of passengers report template, which displays passenger information.
Event type column
We have added the Event type column to the Events table in the Unit and Unit group reports.
If an event is registered manually – this can be done through the Events Registrar or by registering any event from the online notifications window.
The user is the one who registered the event manually or the one who created the resource, for which the event was generated automatically.
The User column has been added:
- to the Events table for the Unit and Group of units report types;
- to the Infringement table for the Unit and Group of units report types.
Note: the user must have at least minimum rights to view the item and its main properties. If not, a dash is displayed in the column.
Initial mileage, Final mileage, Initial engine hours, Final engine hours columns
Based on client feedback, we’ve added these values to the geofences report.
Now the user can see the parameters of the mileage sensor and the absolute engine hours sensor at the time of entering and leaving the geofence.
Changes to the dashboard
- Units, Drivers, Trailers, Intervals
These sections are displayed in a user-friendly dashboard that provides important information. Click on the line with the required category to go to the corresponding page with the filter activated.
The section can provide more visual data to quickly see a status. The statistical data is represented in the form of a pie chart which shows the ratio of due and overdue services and the ones in progress. Click on the required chart sector or category in the legend to go to the Services page with the filter activated.
The section contains info about the fleet expenses: how much the owner spends on fuel fillings as well as fuel fillings and services together. In the left part of the section, we added a histogram showing the percentage of the total cost of services and that of the fuel.
We added the function to hide the navigation bar and make space more for information on the map and in the table. The bar is not collapsed by default.
Language selection and help tips
Previously, the application language depended on the language selected in the user settings. Now you can change it on the General tab of the application settings.
We have also improved the logic for displaying help tips. Now you can enable help tips (in the application settings) or disable them (in the settings or in the help tip itself) at any time.
We’ve added a bunch of new features to the Nimbus Beta: the ability to create relative schedules. It extends the Nimbus scope of applications as now you can monitor rides without schedules. Providing the ability to monitor:
- shuttle vans that normally work without fixed schedules;
- transport that departs only when there are enough passengers;
- public transport in the regions where work scheduled operation is unavailable.
With the new functionality, rides are created upon the visit of the first stop without being time-bound. Users can create relative schedules or change the type of schedules that were created before.
Based on the relative schedule, the system creates a one-time schedule where the time of stop visits counts off starting the moment of the ride’s activation. The one-time schedule is displayed wherever the ride time is indicated. Also, data on the ride events are formed according to this schedule (hurry, delay, no-show, and so on).
Expanding the crop rotation functionality
- Using future dates both for sowing and harvesting
- It allows users to use crop rotation as a sort of planning tool as well as fill in data at the planning step without waiting for actual field works to be done.
- Sowing more than one crop within one year
- Sometimes it happens that in temperate latitude after harvesting a winter crop, they still have time to grow another crop. Besides, in warm countries, the climate allows for a few harvests a year. In case of crop loss, they sow something else. Now, these agricultural processes can be recorded in Hecterra.
- Specifying the harvest date in any year and the ability to not specify the harvest date at all or to remove the previously specified harvest date
- It allows you to assign the crop for a long period, for example, grass or fruits and berries.
New rules apply to the crop rotation specified through the field settings, quick specifying, cultivation registration.